Monday, October 29, 2007

Marlene Dumas - Beautifully Ugly


"My best works are erotic displays of mental confusions (with intrusions of irrelevant information)." she says about her work

One of the best painters I have seen in a while. She is really pushing the boundaries of what is disturbing, what is beautiful and what is aesthetically disturbing that you can't stop looking. I think a few decades ago, she would have been a strong dadaist. Critics call her an intellectual expressionist.

Her art is sincere, naked, primal, smothered in seduction and has no reservations. It is a repelling child, a mother, a confused girl, naked boy... Daily mundane images that we do not stop to look or can't stop looking...

She may very well become one of my favorite artists... Someone to pay attention to...

2 comments:

Blog Beauty said...

hey buddy such a good website but i am surprised that why i did't know about your website i think u never post your stories on www.laadi.com my all friends use laadi.com to search for new and latest stories anyway good work Keep it up i will tell all my friends about this.

Zeitgeist said...

*Blush*