Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tapeo - The Tapa Central



Today, I went to Tapeo on Newbury Street, Boston. You can find decent tapas at decent prices at this very authentically European feeling/looking restaurant. They have the spanish rustic look nailed.
Their wine menu is actually brief but definitely satisfactory. And their sangrias are very famoso and delicioso.
I really enjoyed their garlic shrimp and heard that their seafood paella is excellent. However, I do not think they have the same consistency of taste with all their dishes.
I thought the vegetable crepe was very blah and prune & goatcheese wrapped in bacon was just not quite right. The wine and decor were so perfect though, I just could not help but enjoy the moment. The service is excellent. Fast service and polite waiters. Some dishes might be a little too authentic for me such as the tiny octopus which came with the octopus head and all... Left too little to imagination...
Overall, the location, decor and service is unbeatable and extremely convenient. And naturally, it is overflowing with people. so make reservations peeps. the wait can be hours!!!

No comments: