Sunday, October 7, 2007

Metropolis - The Brunch City of Boston


This weekend I ventured out to South End and discovered a local favorite: Metropolis. It seemed like everyone who came there for brunch was a "frequenter" of Metropolis.
The brunch menu had all the essentials, it was comfort breakfast food done well. The decor was perfect for sunday brunch, cosy and intimate with tons of sunlight seeping in. The coffee was Lavazza at its best (bad coffee to me is a deal breaker sometimes - brunch coffee should be yummy... not dinery/watery).

The big windows, comfy booths and decor give a french twist on an american classic feel.

The french toasts are fluffy and yummy. The eggs benedict seemed to be a favorite among Metropolis citizens, which I did not try.

I would highly recommend... But call ahead of time to make reservations: At peak hours the place gets super crowded - a tad bit beyond the cosy place can handle.

Ps. I heard acquitaine across the street (see my dinner review) has amazing brunches as well. So hopefully will try that next week...

No comments: