Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Earlimart releases Mentor Tormentor

I haven't written much about new music lately. Partly because I have been lazy/busy which kept me from venturing and reading about music. (Hey I only blog part time...)
But also, I felt like there was a music lull especially in the type of music I was secretly craving lately.
And Earlimart's new album Mentor Tormentor hit that spot for me.

They are from the LALAland, and I think hail from Silverlake, a haven for musical genius!!! I think sunshine and broken dreams are the nectar of inspiration for west coast bands such as Snow Patrol, Modest Mouse, Death Cab, Elliot Smith and the such...

Well back to Earlimart's album. I think the way I would describe it is an LA version or a more kicked back and whimsical version of Radiohead... I am not sure whether you will see the connection but strangely I do... It is ethereal and has that deep sullen melancholy that does not take sadness so seriously. And I think more importantly, as it gets rainy and grey out, this band will pump that lush pop through your ears that does not clash with the mood but gently elevates you from whereever you are... Yup highly recommended...

No comments: