Monday, July 30, 2007

Cava makes 1+1=3

I was talking to a coworker about sparkling wines that inspired me to share the wisdom I have about a fantastic sparkling wine. I always thought a good brut sparkling wine had to be really really expensive until I tried Aurelo Cabestrero's 1+1=3 from Cava which is a $9-12/bottle delight! The experience really is more than sum of its parts as the wine's name suggests. It is citrus-y and minerally and has an extremely pleasant finish.

After discovering this budget wine, I looked into budget sparkling wines and found out that moderately priced sparkling wines come from Italy as Prosecco or Spain as Cava. The difference is that Cava is made using the traditional method from Champagne region in France, which is a more elaborate and expensive way of making sparkling wine and thus results in a more complex wine. Processo has a more fruit forward style.

Regardless of your taste preferences, you do not need to pay tons of money for a good sparkling wine. I think Cava especially 1+1=3 is extremely enticing in these hot summer days...

No comments: