Friday, May 4, 2007

Pop Culture and the Art of Blogging

So I am secretly addicted to Perezhilton.com
He is my guilty pleasure. He is one of those people you read while pretending to read NY Times. The funniest blogger ever.
Everyone (ok huge generalization, I should say a whole lotta people) like reading celeb gossip for one reason or another. It passes time while waiting in grocery line, you like looking at celebrity styles before shopping, find it extremely entertaining or eat that gossip up. Whatever the reason is we just LIKE it (apparently TOO much).

And I think Perez was like that initially. He wanted to keep a blog about celebrities because he had stuff to say about them. But then he became one of the most popular bloggers of all times. If you have not checked out his website, you really should. I am telling you. He draws coke traces and buggers on celebrity faces he publishes and cracks you up.

Well I wanted to write about him because I just realized how addicted we are to celebrity gossip. Perez, the other day had to post an apology letter for having pneumonia and not being able to keep up with his posts. Wow, the dude must say he is sorry for being seriously sick. Even in the most intense job, you can take a sick leave but someone writing about celebrities can't. Because celebrity news is addictive. We have to get them no matter what. We need them now It makes the world a better place.
I almost think that people would be less frustrated if CNN.com was under maintenance for a day.

Get well soon Perez!

No comments: