Monday, September 17, 2007

Rose Obsession Continued: Montes

The last few weeks until you have to admit that fall is here... And what a better way to ease into fall than enjoy a great rose...

This weekend I have discovered a great buy: Montes Rose of Syrah Cherub


It is ~$15 or so, by a great Chilean producer and got a 90 pts from Wine Enthusiast. But beyond the reputation and the rankings, I am intrigued by a Rose made from Syrah grapes. It is a very beautiful pink, which makes me happy just by looking at it. It has a quirky label which also puts a smile on your face, the very necessarily morale boost we need as the weather gets cold and melancholic.

I have not tried it yet... but for now these are the tasting notes I stole from someone else... I will confirm later...

"Montes Cherub is a vibrant, flavor-filled Rose from Chile's coastal region. This Rose is made from Syrah grapes, which dictate both its brilliant color and swank flavor. The flavor profile offers rich red fruit, mainly strawberry and cherry with a touch of orange and spice. Montes Cherub Rose also boasts backbone and lively acidity, culminating in a long, delightful finish. A fantastic wine for end of summer gatherings. Consider pairing with shrimp, fish or prosciutto appetizers." About.com

Also, I would highly recommend try other Montes wines... Chile is definitely up and coming...

No comments: