Friday, June 22, 2007

White Rabbit Alert

White rabbit is my favorite candy. It's a vanilla thingie wrapped in rice paper sold in japanese delis. I could eat them in massive quantities.
And that lovely feeling they give me, a new band named White Rabbits has provided me without the calories. Ohhh, I don't know why I am being so lame with my puns today. I really don't know.

But folks, seriously, listen to White Rabbits, as starters their wonderful song "Kid on my shoulders" from their album Fort Nightly.

It is a hip shaking, head bobbing debut of Rabbits singing sweet sensation. The piano is in a minor key, creating a deep suspense within the upbeat melody. The more you listen, the more the mystery wraps you in its ivory fingers. Oh so delightful.
I haven't done my research but I think this is White Rabbit's first album. If it is, it indeed is a huge success. (Disclaimer, it is not that I haven't done my homework. There is hardly any information on them on google - so I suspect they've ought to be new)

I think their name is probably not inspired by my favorite candy but the 60/70's staple psychedelic song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane (has a billion cover versions, one that I know by Patti Smith)

These boys do sounds like they listen to great music and have been inspired by great music. The lead has such a lovely modern voice with elements of pure brit pop. They have elements of the Cure, David Bowie. They sound both 70s and Gen Y.

So the short of it is, really, this is such an awesome album. Makes me really happy. Oh the tango of it all... Captivatingly beautiful

No comments: