Thursday, June 7, 2007

A List Shopping

When frustrated with shopping (oh btw, I am totally over that spring shopping hump - maybe a bit too much), it has always been my dream to design my own clothes. And so now many fashionista celebs, who are known for their awesome style are coming up with their fashion line.
Kate Moss designing for Top Shop, Mary Kate & Ashley moving up the fashion food chain (from humble beginnings of Walmart Tees) to their high and low end line, SJP with her super affordable Bitten and Sienna Miller with Twenty8Twelve (her birthday).

Firstly, I have to say my fashion icons have been Sienna Miller and Kate Moss. I like anything and everything they wear. They are bold and edgy and a little tomboyish with a girlie flair. I hate categorizing people's fashion sense but I think that's how I would describe it if I had to (not that I had to, but whatever)
Both of these ladies I think did a really amazing job at channeling what people like about their style and creating a fashion line.
Sienna's line apparently will be a middle of the road (not cheap or super expensive line). I wonder where it will sell and whether it will even make it to the US. What a tease...

This is Sienna's











and this is Kate Moss's


I thought SJP's was a little bit like GAP by SJP (which she has done by the way). So I am not v. impressed. I was expecting Sex and The City but affordable but she went in everyday necessities direction. I tnink it would have been nice to see her prove that glam does not have to be expensive.

As for the Olsen Twins, I have not seen their line but expect great things from them as well. They have the money and the taste. They gave us sneak peak at CFDA of the Row (the couture one) and Elizebeth and James (the relatively affordable line?). By the way, even doing two price points is an excellent business idea. The buzz around it is great (drum roll). You know Ashley always walks around with a few things she has designed and if their designs for the masses can catch that vibe that the twins have (MK on her good days of course), I am sooo going to Intermix to buy their stuff. They are looking to sell at Bergdorf and Barney's as well. Wow what a line up!

I really have to say this although it has nothing to do with anything... Did anybody else notice how Posh Spice's fashion sense has gone nuts? And she really cares about fashion too. Awwww...

No comments: