Friday, August 31, 2007

Dappled Cities is worth the visit

Dappled cities is a quirky name for a quirky band with an album named Granddance. Why Granddance you might ask? Because the whole album makes you want to dance and bob your head and sing in the shower. It is indie pop at its best. Catchy like Broken Social Scene and unique like Wolf Parade, sometimes as enchanting as Arcade Fire (album #1 more like). And surprisingly enough, this band hails from a location you would not have guessed: i.e. not Canada: drum roll... Australia...

Granddance's opening song, Holy Chord got me hooked from the first three seconds. Fire, fire, fire is an instant hit. I really would love to see them live. Rumor has it that they are scheduled to come to the US pretty soon. Somebody keep me posted unless I don't do my homework!!!

No comments: