Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shopping muse gone? Or spring 07 shopping sucks?

So here we go with my first real posting (the other one doesn't count because it was about me and this page is supposed to be about my opinions on things not on myself). And this posting will be about Spring 07 shopping.

So I am the type of person who likes going spring shopping in February. It just makes me think of sunny beautiful spring weather and forget about yucky winter while engaged in spring dress investigation. So in January I was browsing through Spring fashion snapshots in W, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar and got super psyched! The pages were flowing with beautiful spring dresses in geometric prints, ethnic fabrics and I really love the hint of 60's and 70's channeled through the cuts and designs. I am embarressed to admit that I even cut out a few of them thinking that I want to be reminded of these candy colored beauties when spring stuff hits stores.

So then, I waited patiently for spring stuff to actually come in. It is such a tease that in January, when you are sick of layering on winter clothes, magazines allure you with spring clothes but you cannot actually buy them until March. So I was ready to shop as soon as my favorite stores showed the first signs of spring shipments.

And to my disappointment, I was not able to find anything I liked, which believe me, happens very very rarely. Except for a few cute Alice and Olivia and Karen Zambos dresses, the aisles of fashion were not appealing to me. It is almost May and summer shipments are probably fast on their way from China and Italy. And here I am with a bad taste of spring fashion in my mouth. Now I don't know if it is because I was not in the mood for shopping or spring 07 really sucked.

Well I am really hopeful about summer. I really am...

No comments: